Expressionality Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.moodsnap.fm (our “Website”) or when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Moodsnap app (the “App” and together with the Website the “Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website or in the App
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website or App.
- Through the App, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you the Website, our servers, and any third-party APIs.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website or the App such as Spotify.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and App, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, device UDID number, Spotify log-in credentials, social media login credentials, etc. (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your music tastes, preferences, and behaviors; and/or your geographic location.
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and App and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website and the App. Information collected automatically (not including the information possibly collected by the App automatically highlighted in a separate section below) may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website and App may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or interacting with the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or App, subscribing to our service, posting material such as photos and preferences or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website and App
- Your activity within Moodsnap, including but not limited to the songs you contribute, photos you contribute, song favorites, dislikes, skips, social shares, song metadata and music energy level preferences.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or the App, or transmitted to other users of the Website and or App or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or App with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection And Tracking By the Services.
When you download, access and use the App or visit the Website, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. This App collects limited real-time information about the general location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device.
Usage Details, IP Addresses And Cookies/, Cookies and Other Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and App, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our Website and App, allowing us to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and App according to your individual interests and tastes.
- Speed up your searches and content delivery experience.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or App.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an e-mail] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
In connection with the use of the Services, we do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
When you use the Website or the App or their content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
- On-demand streaming service partners, such as Spotify.
- Music sub-licensor – 7Digital – for music use reports and royalty tracking.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about our users. This may include information about users’ use of the App, the Website and other apps and websites to serve them interested-based (behavioral) advertising. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used.
If you have any questions about an advertisement, you should contact the responsible advertiser directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in order to:
- Build, improve and maintain your music taste profile so as to provide you with the most personalized and relevant listening experience possible on Moodsnap.
- Provide you with the App and Website and their contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or updates to the App or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features in our app or on our website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please [check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, or when possible adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Expressionality Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Expressionality Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website or App, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Expressionality Inc., our customers or others. [This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.]
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Should we one day take any payment transactions, all information will be encrypted using SSL technology. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. The information you share in public areas of the website or app may be viewed by any user. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.